Friday, January 9, 2009

My Linen "Studio"
















These pictures were taken this past fall when I got my tiny little "studio" (I hate calling it studio because it sounds so snooty) I wish I could say it was still this organized, but it's not. There are a lot of "rags" piled in the floor now waiting to get put away. I will find the "before" pictures and add later. They are on my old computer.
This building is original to our property and that's the original floors! We just sanded and re-finished them. The building was the old "wash house" and for years it was just a catch all for us and many kittens were born and raised in there. It's no where big enough to store all the linens I have but what's in here now has been sorted and organized and at least I know what's in the crates. And most of the stuff has been laundered.
My wonderful hubby added the tongue and groove walls and the ceiling is galvanized metal!! I LOVE the look of it and he put all these neat recessed lights in there.
Still need to get the windows finished (it has the original windows) but winter got it here before I could do that so that's on my springtime list along with getting the crown molding added. We are going to side it to match the house and it has a small porch on front (there is an old storm cellar underneath) but he's going to wrap the porch on around this spring or summer when he has the time. We ALWAYS have a project going on around here!!! We've lived here for 16 years and we've never gotten finished and I don't guess we ever will. But we LOVE projects!!!
The building is in our fenced in backyard so now I can work in the summer in it and can watch Will out the door. It's PERFECT!!!!!
Now if I could just get my dormer rooms, sunroom and upstairs "eBay" room this way.....Maybe someday!!!!

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......