Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Already Monday

Man, the weekend flew by. I don't feel as if I got much accomplished either. I went to an auction (for the first time in two years) and had a good time. I took my camera to take some pictures with, but forgot to bring it in the building where they were having the sale and it was pouring down rain and cold I had to park so far away that I never went back to get it.

I NEVER bought anything and if you all knew me, that's NOT like me AT ALL. I can usually find something to buy when no one else can. I guess in all the years that I have done the "auction scene" this is probably only the second or third one that I've never went home with something. I never even got to hold my card up and bid. My friend Jill was with me and I made the comment to her that you would have never known our country was in a recession with the prices people were paying. Things were going through the roof. I'm sure there were a few bargains to be had, but on the things I was interested in, I never even got a chance. Truthfully, I didn't need to buy anything anyway and as much inventory of stuff that I have "rat-holed" back but I always like to say I bought something....but this time I can't tell anyone that. Really though, I'm trying to cut back my spending back...that's one of my New Year's resolutions. Used to be I'd rather have "stuff" than money....now I like to have money put away for that "rainy" day or when you aren't selling enough to pay your bills it's nice to have something to fall back on. Being self employed has it's quirks but it also has it's downfalls.

But even though I didn't get to buy anything, it was nice to get out and see everyone. I've been in the "junk" business now for over 20 years and you see the same people at all the auctions, tag sales and flea markets you go to. They all become like your "second" family and it was nice to spend the day catching up and talking about this and that. So even though I came home with no new treasures I had a good day and I'm not broke!!!!!!

I have gotten a few new things on eBay in the last week so make sure to check them out. I've been trying to stock the store with some new goodies....nothing expensive just some cute vintage linens and hankies and stuff like that. I hope to get some more on today....but anymore I never know.

I will be also listing some great quilts in the next couple of days, so just keep checking back!!!

No comments: