Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Been A While

I've gonna try this again!!! I had such good intentions when I started my "blog" but life gets busy sometimes and I find it hard to do the things I have to do everyday. Now with cold weather and more time indoors maybe I can concentrate more on it.

My son Will, who has autism started preschool and believe me we've had our hands full with that. He's FINALLY liking it.... actually LOVING it but we've had a struggle with the school system getting him the services he is entitled to and needs. I feel like I stay at school as much as he does now fighting with the "Big Wigs" trying to get him the speech therapy and the one on one aide he so desperately needs. I think now we've got that going (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) but it's been far from easy. I stay on the phone with teachers, school administrators and anyone else that will listen to my desperate cries for help. It's a shame how hard you have to fight to get that "appropriate education" that your child needs. I think the school district we're in just doesn't understand autism. Thank goodness we have had a wonderful teacher and classroom aide who is on our side and see how much potential our son has.

Photobucket

I am also trying to get some new things on eBay and Etsy. My user-ID on both sights in "thecherrychic" and if you love vintage linens and textiles you need to check me out. I have got a ton of new "old" stuff to get listed and maybe now that things have calmed down at school, I'll finally be able to get back in the groove. Let's hope so at least.

No comments: