Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Check out my "new-old" stuff on Ebay

Happy Wednesday Everyone!


It's cold here in Cerulean....the wind cuts to the bone out there. Feels like winter is here now. I've been out trying to take some pictures of some "new" old goodies but nearly froze to death trying. I will be listing some neat old feather beds (with some great old ticking fabric) , feather pillows and ladies floral hankies if any of you out there are interested. I hope to have them on my tonight....(I HOPE) I have so many great linens to get on this winter that I have rat-holed away all summer, but just can't seem to find the time to do it. I get so tired of saying that (and I'm sure everyone else does too) but it's so true!!! I thought when Will started school that I would have all kinds of times to work on my projects, but if anything I have less time than before......and when I do finally have a day to work, I'm so busy trying to get a thousand things done at once that I don't seem to get anything accomplished.

Here are a couple of feather beds I am listing on ebay.

Feather Bed

Feather Bed close up

Feather Bed #2

Feather Bed # 2 Close up






Tomorrow I have to go with Will to preschool for "playschool" and that's always fun. That's when the parents go to school and "play" with their child. I had a hard time at first because when your child is the only one in the classroom with autism it's hard not comparing what the other kids are doing to what your's isn't. I guess it scares me more than anything....right now we don't know how "severe" the autism is and believe Will has come so far and everyday he is doing so much more that we are so thankful for that but when the other kids are talking "ninety miles a minute" and engaging in play with each other and your's is off in the corner playing with his "red and blue" (his current obsession) matching objects and ignoring everyone around him.....you can't help but panic. I can tell you, I've gotten alot better and I'm sure in time it will get easier....but it's still the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life....The first few weeks of school I left everyday in tears and I don't even know how I managed how to drive home. At that time we didn't have an "official" diagnosis...but we knew.....but when you see him with other children (which he hadn't been around that many) it all hits home a little harder and you realize how terribly wrong things are. But things are better for all of us now. He's finally adjusted to school and really seems to enjoy it and I am "learning" to accept things as they are. I love my little boy more than I knew I ever could and I guess I am more scared for his future when I'm not here to take care of him than anything. We do a pretty good job dealing with the day to day of it all...we've learned just to take it one small step at a time and enjoy all those little things that most parents take for granted that their children can do with no problesm. Will hasn't hit the regular milestones like most kids, but he's come a long way and I know in my heart he is going to get so much better .

Better get to work. Got dinner to get ready and hopefully some things listed on eBay tonight.

No comments: