Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FABULOUS FEEDSACK DRESSES

FEEDSACK DRESSES

A couple of months ago I bought a big box of handmade vintage feedsack dresses! I hadn't had the chance to "really" look at them so I got them out today to "air" them and let them get some sunshine and they were just beautiful!!!! To me they were a work of art hanging on the clothesline.


I never knew my grandmother but my mother always told me about her making her dresses out of old print feedsacks and from the pictures I've seen of her this was the "style" that she wore. All the pictures were in black and white so I couldn't see the "color" but I remember the style.





This lady of yesteryear had a nice and colorful wardrobe!!!!
I just LOVE all the different prints!!!



LOVE THE COLORS

LOOK AT THE POLKA DOTS
Ahhhh..the simpler times..........

1 comment:

Shona said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm writing a book set Post WW1 at the moment (in Australia) and have been trying to find reliable images of feed sack dresses, even patterns. Yours look lovely! What a collection!

Regards, Shona